Wednesday, March 5, 2008

MY KITTY GYM HAS NOT YET ARRIVED, OH WOE.

THE LONG, DREARY DAYS OF MARCH WILL BE EVEN LONGER AND DREARIER WITHOUT MY KITTY GYM.

It supposedly shipped out last Thursday, so WHERE IS IT??? Grrrr.

Anyway, on a personal note, today I learned that I am an emotional sadist. I send rumors about myself (y'know, "I like him!" or "No, I really don't like him at all!", really grade-school stuff) out to my group(s) of friends, and then I sit back and watch emotional chaos unfold like the cat that ate the canary.

I don't even know why I'm typing this all on a blog, actually; I guess I know that the Internet doesn't judge people (or does it?) for their tendency to be an emotional masochist with malignant intent. I find entire "He likes you! OMGGGGGG!!!11!" scenarios really, REALLY amusing and entertaining, and so I like to watch them unfold and lie my way through them, laughing inside all the time.

Maybe this is my true Gemini nature? Or maybe I'm just naturally an evil person. After just now slogging through that whole religious sermon in A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, I feel like I'm going to be sent to Hell for the slightest thing I do.

What can I say, books influence me. Trust me, though, I'm not a holy-roller, God forbid. Ohohoho.




Wow, I'm in a really cynical and b-i-t-c-h-y mood today. D: I SWEAR IT'S THE LACK OF KITTY GYM.

SO. LET'S BRIGHTEN EVERYBODY'S DAY UP WITH SOME W-INDS. FOOTAGE. It's a concert performance (I don't know the date, but judging from the members' appearances, I would say within the last year or two? I'm aware that I should know this...) of 'Try Your Emotion''s coupling song, 'Graduation'.

I LOVE THIS SONG. It's one of my all-time w-inds. favorites, along with 'Shiki' and a few others, and this song especially means a lot to me now more than ever because I'm a high-school senior. As of late, I've been singing it more that anything else, with 'Fever to Future' a close second. I've been belting out 'Graduation', though, around my house constantly for the past few days.

Ryo and Ryu are very awesome here, and as much as I hate the whole concept of Keita getting the spotlight all the time (I still adore him, though!), he really deserves it here. There is SO MUCH emotion in this song, it's unbelievable. I was close to crying last night when I watched it for the first time.

I have loved w-inds. for almost two years (and, of course, scoured the Internet for all of their vids., perfs., etc.), and this has to be one of the best things I have ever seen.

Here are English-translated lyrics, and here are romanji lyrics.

So, without further ado:





I really like the quick shot of the neck of the guitar before the second chorus. :D

And, man, Keita's notes at 2:43 and 3:57 are stellar. He does sound a bit strained, but he's really pushing it here, and it's awesome.

Five stars, w-inds., five stars.



And now I'm going to go counsel myself on what it means to be nice to others and what happens to little girls that compulsively lie before I get slapped in the face with bad karma. Maybe I'll also have a bit of cherry pie and watch America's Next Top Model at 8:00.

Sounds like a plan.

Edit: I FOUND A PREVIEW OF 'RESONANT BLUE'. I LOVE IT. IT MAY BE TAKAHASHI/TANAKA LEADS AGAIN, BUT I STILL LOVE IT ANYWAY, WHICH IS SAYING SOMETHING. LOADS BETTER THAN 'MIKAN' UPON FIRST LISTEN.

I normally hate random insert screeches/groanings within songs (and yet I like 'Egao YES Nude', haha), but I am enraptured by the "OO-WAY, OO-WAY-OH "-ing done here.

THE PV MUST BE COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AWESOME (am I asking too much, H!P?), OR THIS ENTIRE CREATION OF PERFECTION WILL BE RUINED.

I WAIT ON TENTERHOOKS WITH MY FINGERS CROSSED.

No comments: