Friday, March 28, 2008

Been quite busy lately.

It's my spring break, but there's still so much to do! ♫

Anyway, I stole these buttons from Hello!Online because I really wanted to put them here (lots of credit to krazyassgamer from Hello!Online).

Mano Erina, or Manoeri as she's known to fans, was simply a Hello!Project Egg, which is kinda like the equivalent of Johnny's Juniors, except Eggs are more shoved in the back. She got a chance to shine and actually be involved in something when she was one of the Eggs chosen to be in Ongaku Gatas, the H!P futsal unit; there were big-name acts in this unit, like Yoshizawa Hitomi, Ishikawa Rika, and Konno Asami, all who had been members of Momusu before. Two singles have so far been released by this group, 'Narihajimeta Koi no BELL' and 'Yattarouze!' (I personally love both of these songs; 'Narihajimeta Koi no BELL' made me want a cape, and I've been singing 'Yattarouze!' around the house all morning.)

Manoeri was featured as one of the prominent Eggs in these PVs (in 'Narihajimeta Koi no BELL', she first sings around 1:22, and in 'Yattarouze!', she first sings around :44), and this is where I first noticed her. I kinda liked her, but didn't really care at the time.

Then, it was suddenly announced that Manoeri was going to become a soloist; she's only sixteen! I was very surprised by this, but I took more interest in Manoeri.

And, now. I have those buttons.



A lot of people are hating on her, saying that she's too young, yada yada yada, but seriously. Koharu's a frickin' soloist, and she's younger than Manoeri. Matsuura Aya started her solo career when she was only fourteen, and Goto Maki started her career sometime around Manoeri's age.

I, (obviously) for one, support Manoeri. She may not be the best singer or dancer, but I think she has the most potential, and that's why she was graduated from Ongaku Gatas so early to become a soloist. With training, she'll eventually be the best singer, dancer, and overall performer.

Plus, we're around the same age; she'll be seventeen in April, and I'll be eighteen in June. It's kinda cool to see someone your own age get such a big chance. ★

So, here's to the next Goto Maki! I think Manoeri is following in Gocchin's footsteps (she even looks like her, in a way!), but there is something very unique about this up-and-coming star.

I can't wait to see what she does in the future. :D



Edit: On a slightly random note, I pre-ordered Momusu's 'Resonant Blue' Limited Edition B from YesAsia a few days ago!

No comments: