Monday, March 17, 2008

L'arc en Ciel's 'Ready, Steady, GO!'~!

Back in the day (oh, almost four years ago now), I fell in love with this song because it was the opening that played on AdultSwim for 'Fullmetal Alchemist'.

Years later (read: merely a few minutes ago), I decided to look up the real music video with English subtitles because I had been randomly belting this song out while attempting to work on my A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man journal, and I wanted to know what the lyrics meant (no, for some reason, I still was not too sure after all of these years).

Thus, I discovered that the English translation for this song has lyrics that would've been absolutely perfect to describe one's feelings in the midst of a Cross-Country meet.

Too bad Cross-Country season ended in October/November! D: I'm also a senior, so I won't be able to run it next year.

This song would've fit so well, had I bothered to look up the lyrics any sooner. Drat.






OH, OH. Today was Orchestra Festival, and my orchestra and I got straight 1s as our performance grades from the judges! On a 1-5 scale, 1 is superior! I am so ecstatic; I feel so accomplished. We may even get to go on to States like last year! OH RAPTURE.

And yeah, that's all.

Edit: Oh man, because of this whole 'Ready Steady GO!' escapade, I've been watching 'FMA' openings and endings, and they get me so nostalgic I COULD CRY. D: D: D:

I know that if I even so much as THINK ABOUT the 'Hikaru no Go' openings and endings, I may curl into a ball and bawl in a dark corner, wishing for my youth back.

Granted, I'm only seventeen now, BUT I USED TO WATCH THIS ALL WHEN I WAS FOURTEEN AND FIFTEEN AND THINK I WAS OLD. Time moves so fast!

Edit again: I CAN'T EVEN FATHOM THE 'INUYASHA' OPENINGS, THEN! MUCH LESS THE 'YU YU HAKUSHO' ONES FROM WHEN I WAS A WEE TOT AND JUST STARTING TO LIKE ANIME.

Edit once more: Ahahaha, yes! My brother just told me which Momusu member he thinks I look like from the 'Resonant Blue' PV! Conversation goes as follows:

'Resonant Blue' PV: begins playing
Alyson: Okay, so tell me which one I look like. :D
Sean: sighs, but watches
Alyson: inwardly beams...and outwardly
Sean: You always look like the same one to me...
Alyson: rubs hands together conspiratorially Yes, yes, go on.
Sean: But I can only see three here.
Alyson: I KNOW. ISN'T IT TERRIBLE?
Sean: They're only focusing on the ones with the white shirts...
Alyson: SEE, SEE, I WAS RIGHT.
Sean: You don't look like those three.
Alyson: THANK THE LORD.
Sean: Oh, I see the one!
Alyson: gesticulates wildly to "back dancers" Which one?!
Sean: That one!
Alyson: stops hand YES, I KNEW I LOOKED LIKE THE MOST LIKE RISA. HAHAHAHA, I WIN.
Sean: Now, you have to watch the 'White Stripes' for me.
Alyson: FINE~!

And, now I am happy. I may be a vain b-i-t-c-h, but I'm a content vain b-i-t-c-h.

The end.

Also, '200-Pound Beauty'; I am watching it.

The true end.




Edit from a few months in the future: Dang, it looks like the L'arc en Ciel vid. is unavailable now, and I can't find another with subtitles. D: D: D:

No comments: