Monday, April 21, 2008

A rather lengthy and tedious personal entry.

The title says it all: I'm going to talk about myself, and there will be pictoral elaboration. ☆

Anyway. I went up to New York City last week with my Spanish class and another Spanish class, and we saw a Spanish-dance show at the Repertorio Español. We also ate some Cuban cuisine; and by we, I mean people other than myself. I, personally, enjoyed a turkey sandwich and french fries. I HAVE A REASON FOR BEING SO STINGY, THOUGH: I have a wisdom tooth coming in, and it hurts like a beast. D:

We then split up into three groups and wandered around the city. A lot of the girls in my group, though (they're those annoying, "Like, OMG!111!1", I-want-to-beat-them-in-the-face kind of girls) stopped at purse vendors ON EVERY BLOCK. OH MY FRICKIN' LORD. My two friends and I, not to mention all the guys in the group, were pretty fed up by the end of the walk. We did go in this awesome toy-store, though. The escalators there were so amazing, I had to ride them several times. ♥

Here are some pictures from the trip:


This was obviously taken from inside the coach-bus, but I took it to show what a nice day it was. :3


Me attempting to be patriotic. (I actually just thought the dusky-sunlight aspect of the scene was aesthetically-pleasing...)


This image seems very French to me. I love the blooming tree with the fire escapes in the background.


I ♥ NY. Especially Times Square.


More Times Square love. ♪


I'm actually going back up to NYC in two days (on Wednesday) with my Orchestra class, and I'm seeing this musical. I get to miss a practice AP Calc. test that day for this. :D :D :D


My pitiful and blurry attempt at snagging a pic. of the Rock Band advertisement.


I did get a good shot of the 'America's Next Top Model' poster, though. :DV


My friend, Laura, wanted a picture (albeit, it's a terrible one) of this Asian guy that could smoke and play the drums AT THE SAME TIME, LOLWHUT.


I took this because it represents where I am in life.


Rockefeller. NO WHAT, THE JAPANESE FLAG IS CENTERED, HOWEVER DID THAT OCCUR.


I found this mystical floating apple outside of the toy-store I mentioned earlier. It was pretty epic. (Note Central Park in the background.)


AESTHETICALLY-PLEASING, I SAY.


I took this picture of my program from the Spanish-dance show after I had gotten home.

On a more rural (and random) note, I also have some pics. from a horse farm (hahaha, I'm so technical) that my friend rides at. I went to go pick her up before we went over to our friend's house for a movie&hot-tub night, and while I sat in the car and waited for her (like a pansy, but there was good reason), I snapped some shots of horses:


See, I really did sit in the car on a perfectly nice day. WELL, ABOUT THAT. I'd just like to say that, at one point, a group of probably seven full-grown horses rampaged (I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING) at my (dad's) car after what my friend Kristen claimed was an "accident", said "accident" involving A BUNCH OF WILD BEASTS GETTING OUT OF THEIR PENS AND CHARGING THE EXACT AREA WHERE I WAS. I just kinda watched in horror as they flew at the passenger window; good thing they all swerved at the last minute. IT WAS QUITE THE SCARRING EXPERIENCE.


A nice, tame, non-rampaging horse-creature.




Now, like I said last entry (by the way, rain washed my chalk-message away! oh woe!), my Senior Prom was two nights ago, and it was surprisingly pretty epic. I went date-less, which was a plus in my book. I had gone with a date to previous dances (with my ex-boyfriend, specifically), and I hated the 'little lost puppy' act that he put on. Thus, I decided that to have a truly good time, I would need to go without anyone following me and dance with whomever I wanted. :D

I went with five of my best girl-friends, and I, personally, know that I had a good time. We went out and had pasta for dinner (I even tried some of my friend Caitlin's escargot, and it was good!). We got to drink sparling cider in the limo and put gospel music on bass! (Please to be catching the sheer mockery present in that last statement.)

The Prom itself was at Martin's Eastwind, a really fancy place down near Baltimore. As soon as we got there and through the door, we all rushed to the bathroom (I was basically dying from the need to urinate), and IT WAS THE FANCIEST BATHROOM I HAD EVER SEEN.

Unexpectedly, the DJ was pretty freakin' awesome. Of course, he did play 'Soulja Boy', which was stupid and inevitable, but he played some awesome songs to make up for it. HE ACTUALLY PLAYED SOME DAFT PUNK. I could've cried from sheer joy. 'Around the World' is even one of my favorite Daft Punk songs! He also played 'Sandstorm', a freakin' UNBELIEVABLY STELLAR techno song. I danced like a fiend to this one. :3

I even, uh, uhm, grinded for the first time (I normally scorn this activity). 0_o It wasn't really my choice, though. I was boppin' to the beat by myself at one point, and my friend basically pulled me on top of him. This was where I remained for pretty much the rest of the night, and I can say I actually enjoyed myself. >:D

However, when our designated Prom slow song came on, my close friend Laura and I ran wildly out into the lobby to fetch our friends Caitlin and Alyssa (I don't know why they were out there...) We have all been best friends since seventh grade (five years now), and so we all danced in a square-orgy-thing, hahahaha, to the slow song. :DV

Then, it was back to grinding. :D :D :D We even had a nine-person line at one point, AND THE CAMERA-CREW FILMING EVERYTHING CAUGHT THIS SPECTACLE, I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO WATCH THAT MOVIE.

Anyway, here's two pics. of the four of us who have been friends for five years, one from New Year's Eve (spent in Baltimore's Inner Harbor) and one from the actual day of Prom outside of our friend Stacey's house:


Us standing on top of Federal Hill with Baltimore's Inner Harbor sky-line in the background. :D Order from left to right: Laura, Me, Alyssa, Caitlin.


We made sure to line up in the same order. :3


Nostagically enough, several times throughout the night, I kept looking up into the mirror above the dance floor and marveling at how I still looked exactly like I did when I was four years-old. ♡

We had an After-Prom Party at our town's athletic club from one until five in the morning. I basically wandered around talking to various friends and cohorts, tried to comprehend the various gambling games set up on the indoor track, played a little Rock Band, wrote some thank-you letters to sponsors, ate a doughnut, repeatedly ran at one of those velcro-walls in a full-body velcro-suit, stumbled down to the pool area and sat near the hot-tub, and then attempted to stay awake. I tried to earn a lot of tickets to put into the WIN A CAR bin, but I didn't win. EVEN THOUGH I EVENTUALLY PUT ABOUT THIRTY TICKETS IN FOR IT. D: D: D:

I even skipped school today to catch up on my sleep. And instead of doing anything shocking, I TOOK COLLEGE PLACEMENT TESTS, ME LITTLE REBEL ME.


Well, yeah. AND BECAUSE THIS ENTRY CAN'T POSSIBLY GET ANY LONGER, HAVE A DOSE OF THE 'LUCKY STAR' OPENING.



I marathoned this show within a span of three days over winter break, and absolutely nothing happened in the plot the entire time. :D :D :D It was quite the trip.

No comments: